jueves, 2 de enero de 2014

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Mamá Graciela Ruiz de García y Abuelita Lupe

Why write this now? Well , unlike Carlos Fuentes if psychoanalyze me for ten years, but like him , I find at this stage of my life that the " demons that have, the writing exorcise "
I have met a lot of documents and writings on the radio , because it is a topic that fascinates me , because I have many years working around his definition, economic, history, origin , concepts, and because with the death of Don Pedro " The Mago " Septien , opens a reason to analyze the role of this important means of communication in the state of Mexico , which in the last 30 years has been virtually stagnant: if in 1977 recorded the presence of 8 stations transmitting in amplitude modulation ( AM) and only two frequency modulated ( FM) , 2013 is no news - CRIT - according to the presence of nine AM and FM only four in the entire entity.
More item will then , for true promoter of my interest in radio, my Mother just died yesterday, the first of the year 2014, at dawn and prefer to remember some parts of it , Graciela Ruiz Cervantes, Peter  "El Mago" Septien .
It was through my mother understood radio as a social phenomenon , a generator of wits , artist , founder of talents, of beginnings and history. My mom was a pioneer woman of a generation of young students. I graduated with honors in the former Chamber of Commerce, remember both your photo Generation , wearing a sailor chic type uniform with white gloves - era fashion and yet it continues this design in this institution, as well as their notebooks calligraphy, where teach me to write again and again drawing balls, sticks, and handwritten letters.
I talked my Mom, that on leaving school kept not go to the building XEW on the streets of City Council of the City of Mexico , and contemplate the passing of artists like Pedro Infante, Silvia Derbez, I assure that was always the most admired female artist, Mauricio Garcés, Blanca Estela Pavón, Pedro Vargas. I had , with vivid emotion as people discovered in messages radiated a new genre of life, consumer products , sports, information swirled . I always make sure that the most "friendly" of all the actors he met was Jorge Negrete and which more evil liked me was Agustín Lara, even when they knew them, my parents , who after the old drainage canal where the city ended in the early 50 's, right on the site where now stands the nothing Honorable Congress of the Union , in San Lazaro meters from where the grandparents' house , where we lived at the beginning of our story familiar account is settled that night came a luxury car , it was the " Flaco de Oro" who bought marijuana to the inhabitants of the "lost city" . Surely then, Agustín Lara , that of poetic songs , the enchanting melodies, not imaginary in the state of Arizona USA, from the first minute of 2014 , the sale of marijuana for " recreational use " would be allowed free .
The fascination with the stories my mom made ​​me soon addicted to Radio and unlike the times she listened through large jukeboxes , I play my live in the time of the transistors and with a little gizmo of no more than ten square centimeters in size, an inch wide , to dream and live with several specific things: one was the music of the Beatles , "The Panther " spent three times a day and one was the transmission of baseball in the magic hour , 7:30 pm and there I met and learned from another great master of that ABREVE and I hope I never stop following teaching new generations , which is a good saying , wit and economy the word. I refer to " Mago Septien " who was ahead of my Ma , he died about a week ago behind.
Were memorable chronic radio narrated by these Masters . They say it was Emilio Colombo, in 1967 , who " baptize " Peter Septién Orozco , El Mago , the last of the great sports writers of the twentieth century : "Whenever the phrase loose to give stupefaction ... Indeed, The Wizard was a magician of the word, able to make games and verbal tricks from a true story that was composed Septién a speech in which he combined truth with fantasy, hard data with invention : " at bat Mickey Mantle, the sensational farmer Oklahoma , who looks on his neck medal presented to him by President Eisenhower on October 24, 1951 , when Mickey hit three homers at Comiskey Park against three pitchers : Jones, Wylford and Payn . " But not only did verbal pyrotechnics , also created in beisboleros phrases that became aphorisms : "Records are prophets looking backwards" , " homer homer the bases empty and full stadiums ."
But it was not only the "Wizard " Septién were so many brilliant writers who turned to radio as a means not now absurdly insists on describing , but an end in itself, enclosing a poem imagination exercises , diction, concepts and information . They were others like " The Fast" Esquivel , Enrique Llanes, Pepe Alameda, Fernando Marcos, Sony Alarcón , who understood perfectly the importance of a world that invented and built Oscar . I remember my Mom 's hands when I withdrew my little radio, I said " you're going to give a touch " because since childhood I am very prone to sweat excessively and ended every day asleep with my radio on , his ear .
They have written several columns in tribute and homage to Don Pedro Septién and one question : What was the secret of the "Wizard ": " First you have to bring your good pace , no bad match , because if the party is loose then you start talking anecdotes , ( this) is being lost today because the narrators and commentators report only what happens on the court, and the joke is not that : In addition to informing you must educate , we must help fill the park and love to do."
Today sadness hugs me and looking for a handhold where noticing the world that escapes hopelessly say that's life or death is certain to live to be inadequate , I feel that I help philosophy or literature . I prefer to use the memories to heal a little nostalgia who toiled for making me learn, study , learn , compete , dream, be ... Next to my mother learned to read, sing, play the piano, write, not have mistakes, learn English , to be error because his perfectionism was delicious because of that child, there gestaran my virtues and of course my most serious defects.
In a nutshell , there is a phrase that my Mom wrote me once, when I had already declared independent living and from my own life: I sent a letter and a small role in it that said " Whatever you do, do it with all the Soul "
I buff both your advice so far , right now , starting to understand many of them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario